The University of Huddersfield (UOH) is an appealing choice for many international students for many reasons.
- Highly Ranked Globally – It is highly ranked in the QS World University Rankings especially for Communication and Media Studies in the top 151-200 range while under the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, UOH was ranked 201-250 in the world for Business and Economics and 176-200 for Law Studies.
- Impressive Campus Grounds – A very distinct personification of UOH is seen through its eclectic building design and architecture that houses many of its classes and facilities. There are a total of 18 buildings with distinguished names such as the Barbara Hepworth building, Bronte Lecture theaters, Charles Sikes building, and the Edith Key Building to name a few.
- Continuous Investment in Learning Experience – Since 2008, £156 million has been spent on campus development, making sure students have access to some of the best facilities in the country. The university has a very active Students’ Union with more than 110 clubs and societies.
- Excellence in Teaching – UOH achieved a Gold Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) award in June 2017, recognising the university’s commitment to world-class teaching and its success in developing students as independent learners and critical thinkers.
- Quality Academic Staff – UOH was ranked top 3 in England to have a high teaching staff proportion who hold doctorates, who have higher degrees, and hold teaching qualifications (HESA 2022).
- Research Commitment in Many Fields – Renowned for world-leading applied research groups in biomedical sciences, engineering and physical sciences, social sciences and arts and humanities.
- High Employability Rate – An impressive record of 96.5% of undergraduate and 96.6% of postgraduate students in work or further study within fifteen months after graduating. UOH places great importance on industry experience and therefore 100% of its undergraduate students have the opportunity to undertake professional work experience during their studies.
- Diverse Cultural Immersion – When you join the University of Huddersfield, you’ll join a diverse and welcoming community of over 3,300 international students from over 100 countries around the world. The total student population goes up to 20,000 students which offers you so many networking opportunities and to feel the vibrancy of campus life.
- Affordable Living Cost – Unlike some large cities, Huddersfield offers a relatively low cost of living, giving students value for money. This means it’s easier to enjoy all that Huddersfield, the university and the surrounding areas have to offer with fewer compromises.