5 Epic Reasons To Study Business at UoSM Comfortably

study business at uosm

Doing something you love in your education or career motivates you to keep on pursuing your interests with passion. Thus, it is becoming more common for students to study courses that match their interests as the years go by.

Business Studies generally refer to studying the exchange of goods or services for money. Students interested in this study field will acquire necessary skills that are both applicable and transferable across multiple disciplines, including

  • managing resources,
  • developing a business and
  • overseeing the daily operations of a company.

These skills may not be related to the industry that you get into, but they are necessary for any business. 

At the University of Southampton Malaysia (UoSM), there are plenty of Business courses to choose from, such as

  • Business Foundation Year
  • Bachelor of Science in Business Management
  • Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics
  • Bachelor of Science in Business Entrepreneurship

Whether you want to be a marketing guru, an accountant or the next Entrepreneur of the Year, the range of Business courses is enough to cater to different interests.

Today, we are happy to to share 5 reasons why students opt to study Business at UoSM.

Why UoSM #1: Its Business Courses Are Accredited By Top Professional Bodies

Now, it is time to get to the nitty-gritty: Why UoSM?

With Education being a serious business, this renowned school offers students who wish to study Business at UoSM quality courses to prepare them for their futures. In this growing family, you may find these courses available for study, including

  1. Accounting and Finance, 
  2. Business Analytics, 
  3. Business Entrepreneurship, 
  4. Business Management, 
  5. Economics and Actuarial Science, and 
  6. Marketing. 

To add icing to the cake, these courses receive accreditations from professional bodies like the ACCA, the CIMA, and the ICAEW.

Moreover, students can also qualify for exemptions to professionally accredited exam papers. For instance, the Accounting and Finance degree offers students up to 8 ACCA exemptions. Meanwhile, students with a Business Management degree will qualify for CIMA exemptions.

Don’t miss this: Your Guide to Business

Why UoSM #2: Tuition Fees are Affordable When You Study at UoSM

Money is something one must take into account when you choose your education and the university deeply cares for your financial well-being. UoSM students can save up to 60% of the cost of their UK-based degree by fully completing their chosen course in Malaysia. Moreover, the academy also offers multiple transfer options so that students who wish to study Business at UoSM can opt to spend 1 or 2 years in the UK while saving on tuition fees and living expenses.

Aside from that, there are also scholarships up to 100% available for UoSM students. They can be found within a Foundation or Degree level programme.

Read more about the scholarships here.

PTPTN loans also are available to students for their degree studies in Malaysia. It offers a low-interest repayment rate after graduation, and this offer is not just limited to any particular course.

Find out more about PTPTN loans here.

Why UoSM #3: It Has a Close Partnership With Industry Leaders

In the world of Business, making connections is vital. As such, the university works closely with industry leaders through industry visits and internship placements in Malaysia and the UK. These corporations also encourage students to seek out internships as early as Year 1 of their degree studies.

In addition to that, the Careers and Employability Service regularly organises workshops, fairs and other events to provide students with networking and learning opportunities.

Why UoSM #4: It Offers Multiple Employment Opportunities

The University of Southampton is ranked top 10 for producing the highest-earning graduates in the UK (Higher Education Statistics Agency, Raisin UK, 2020). Furthermore, the Careers and Employability Service even supports UoSM graduates up to six months post-graduation to help ensure they can secure their first job.

Many students who study at UoSM take advantage of internship opportunities during their degree studies. As such, they have successfully secured a job with the same company after graduation. 

The companies which have hired UoSM graduates include 

  • Deloitte, 
  • Ernst & Young, 
  • PricewaterhouseCoopers, and 
  • Deutsche Bank.

Why UoSM #5: Flexible Assessment When You Study Business at UoSM

Another key highlight of UoSM is that it assesses students through progressive means, not just with exams.

For instance, first-year Accounting and Finance students are assessed mainly through written exams, and 20% of the final grade comes from coursework evaluation. As for those who are in their final year, they may find that coursework will carry more weight, even more than when they were in their first year. 

On the other hand, first-year Business Management students can expect 40% of their final grade to come from written exams and the remaining 60% from coursework. On the other hand, written exams for final-year students take up 70% of their final grade, while coursework makes up the other 30%.

Whether you choose UoSM because it is top 10 in Business Management and Marketing (Guardian University Guide, 2020) or for its recognition by well-known professional bodies, UoSM offers an affordable path to a UK education. Even when you are cluless, the university has all the necessary tools to help students succeed in their studies and future careers.

Road to Future Business Careers at UoSM:

study business at uosm

With the business world evolving quickly, those who choose to study Business will have a world of possibilities ahead of them. Whether as an analyst or as a manager, graduates can find themselves being able to wander into different fields, such as

  • education,
  • technology,
  • food & beverages, 
  • information technology and the list goes on.

Therefore, Business courses are hugely well-liked by students for their versatility and flexibility, even with the recent surge in demand for tech professionals. 

Ask our counsellors what you can learn in Business courses.

Want to get started with a Foundation course at UoSM? Come talk to our counsellors today and find out how you can apply for the course and secure the scholarships!