After her SPM exam, Amy was confused about which university was a good fit for her budget and dream career. After analysing Amy’s concerns, our counsellor, Wendy knew she needed to help Amy to maximise her savings, and Foundation was likely the pathway for her to pursue her dream.
Many students, including Amy, did not know they could switch universities from Foundation to Degree. This method is the fastest way to save if you want to progress to high ranking or top universities (with higher fees typically). After all, a Foundation or Pre-U certificate is only crucial as an entry ticket to a degree. You just need to ensure you pick an accredited Foundation and meet the entry requirements so you are accepted for admission in other universities later.
- Results : SPM 6A 3B 1C
- Location : Tanah Merah, Kelantan
- Household income : 6K
- Priorities : Budget > Location > Ranking
- Counsellor : Wendy
Good and Cheap – Is That Even Possible?
As the eldest in the family with 2 siblings graduating secondary school soon, Amy was looking for an affordable pathway that would not burden her parents financially, yet without compromising her chance to get a quality education so that she can support her family in the future. She knew she needed to pursue her studies outside of Kelantan but moving out would incur additional cost.
An Obvious Choice for Amy
Foundation in Management (Online)
UNITAR, Kelana Jaya, Selangor
Tuition Fee : RM 7,600
Scholarships : – RM 3,900
PTPTN : – RM 5,200
Total Fee : RM 0
Est. Savings :
- Extra RM 1,500 PTPTN
- At least RM 12,000/year in living expenses
- All the savings could be used for degree
- Online study – did not get to meet lecturers and friends physically
Why UE Recommended This:
- This pathway is the most cost-effective as Amy could reduce her parents’ financial burden with PTPTN on top of scholarships for her Foundation year. Studying at home means she did not have to spend more on living and travelling expenses. With extra effort, Amy could also secure scholarships to progress to other universities for her degree.
Saving to the Max
Amy could not believe there was such an option that fulfilled all her needs, as she did not know she could switch universities, and did not expect PTPTN for her Foundation year. Amy applied to UNITAR through Uni Enrol and received a RM300 bursary. She is currently pursuing her Accounting degree in a local private university with scholarships.
“ I never thought I could study in IPTS with my budget, and I didn’t expect I could get PTPTN from Foundation to Degree. Thanks to Wendy’s tip, I worked hard to make sure I could get more scholarships for the degree. UE really helped me and my family save a lot of time and money!“